Last Revised: March 22, 2018
Kidbox.com, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your and your child’s privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.kidbox.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, SMS/text messages that you have opted in to, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What Personal Information Does Kidbox Gather?
The information we collect from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with our service. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your purchase history; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information in various ways, including:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide in other ways, such as the URL you accessed the Website from, the URL you visit when you leave our Website, browsing behavior, and any information you enter through surveys, chats, forms or other means of interaction. We use the information to respond to your requests, customize your shopping experience, improve our service, and communicate with you. We may also:
- Ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Maintain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Obtain information from your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Maintain information related to details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Collect information based upon your search queries on our Website.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information (such as your browser or device type) when your Web browser accesses the Website. Cookies are unique identifiers that a web browser may transfer to your computer’s hard drive. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing add-on settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. We may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Email Communications: We use the email address you provide us to communicate with you regarding transaction information (such as order confirmation, shipment notifications, declined method of payment or late payments, etc). If you opt-in, we may send you promotional material and other marketing information. We may receive confirmation when you open email from the Company if your computer, browser, or device supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive certain types of email or other mail from us, please unsubscribe by following the instructions in the communication you receive, emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, or logging into your online account and updating your preferences, and we will promptly remove you from our mailing lists.
SMS/Text Messages: We reserve the right to contact you via SMS/text message to collect payment in the event the credit card or other form of payment is declined, or to remind you of a late payment. When you consent to receive promotional material and other marketing information from us via SMS/text messages, we collect and use your contact information for the purposes of fulfilling your request. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and you can unsubscribe from SMS/text messages by replying with ‘STOP'. If you have any questions about unsubscribing from our messages, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location Information: When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, "COPPA") require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy, "parents") about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing the personal information of children under the age of 13 ("children"). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child's parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child's personal information. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age to visit or utilize without parental consent and supervision. Use of our Website, including providing information to our Website and making transactions on or through our Website, may occur only by persons who are 18 years or older.
This policy notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect on behalf of children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents' consent when we collect personal information on behalf of children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
Information We Collect from Children
Purchases and transactions via our Website can only be made by registered users, and personal information (pertaining to the adults engaging in such transaction and the children the products are intended for) is collected in connection with such transactions. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users when they visit or use the Website.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for our fulfillment of each order consistent with our personalized customer service, and we do not condition sales on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly
We collect the following information on behalf of children for whom merchandise is purchased via our Website: the child's first name and clothing sizes, and a parent’s (or other adult purchaser’s) email and mailing address. We also require the parent (or other adult purchaser) to create a member name and password. We may request additional information about your child, such as birth date, personality traits, and color and style preferences, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users when they access and navigate through the Website and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device's location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child's Information
We use the personal information we collect about your child to:
- register him or her with the Company; and
- fulfill merchandise orders placed on your child’s behalf.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child's preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
We use geolocation information we collect to analyze location-specific sales trends.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children's Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children's personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of the Company who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Website; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
At any time, you may review your child's personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child's information.
You can review, change, or delete your child's personal information by:
- Logging into your account and visiting your “Kids Info” page.
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or share information about our customers, except in the specific cases described here:
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, developing systems, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Business Transfers: As our business evolves and grows we may buy or sell other entities or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). In the event that the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will likely be one of the transferred assets.
Business Partners: Company may share aggregated usage and demographic information collected via the Website about our users and the services we provide, as well as information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Protection of the Company and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company employees, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Security of Information
We work to protect the security of your information during order transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts order information you transmit. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot ensure the security of any information you provide, and you do so at your own risk. Once the Company receives your transmission, we will make reasonable efforts and comply with industry practices to ensure its security on our systems. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off after using a shared computer.
We do not store any credit card information on our Website or servers, but if you elect to save your credit card data, it is stored with an industry standard CIM service such as Stripe, Paypal, or others that are officially PCI compliant (a standard for payment, credit card and data security).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or for which you otherwise consent.
As you browse the Website, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Website. The techniques our advertising partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code section 1798.93 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a written request to the following address: Kidbox.com, Inc., 20 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001, Attention: Customer Care; or by email to Help@kidbox.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Have a question?